My photo
An expert in teaching creative children and helping parents understand their creative child, Catherine coaches parents, and works with students of all ages, teaching music and the piano, along with several other instruments. Creative people see the world and every aspect of the world differently from other people. As children we don't know we are doing that. Unfortunately parents think that their child is just being difficult. It wasn't until Catherine was in her 40s that she realized she WAS creative and that that was why she never really 'fit' in with what everyone else was saying or thinking or feeling. Since then she has been taking her experiences and helping others to understand what they are going through.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Welcome To Catherine's Music Notes

I believe that everyone needs music in their life. Music is beneficial to us for so many different reasons. I will be blogging about music. Telling parents about music lessons and what they should expect from the teacher, we'll talk about reading music and playing 'by ear'. My blogs are going to be about all aspects of music and learning music. I hope you will participate and let me know what you think.

I was very young when my parents would eat in a diner in New Jersey, put on a record of Elvis, put me up on the counter and I would sing and dance as best as I could, just like Elvis. Then it was church productions where I usually had the leading lady parts. So, all my life I have been involved in music and performing. Music has always been there with me, it is the biggest part of who I am. I didn't figure out until in my 40s that other people didn't hear or 'see' music the same way that I did.

My goal is to use my creativity and empathy to teach, support, and inspire you to freely express your talents in a harmonious and creative way. I love people, and I love to teach. *smiles*

"Music lessons should be about the student. Each student learns in different ways, and at different speeds. Music is a journey, and on that journey, we will work together." - Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment